ThunderTix logo

Support Forum

Why are my shows not listed in chronological order? - Mon - Jul 11, 2011 - 5:49pm

• Posted by Dawn Updated: Nov 2021 0 Comments Events
    Event sorting for administrators

For logged-in users and administrators, all events and shows listed on the Events page are listed in alphabetical order by default. You can, however, sort the events listing while you are logged in by clicking on the "Date" heading to instead view your events chronologically.  We'll store your preferred setting so that it loads how you prefer it when you log back in.

Chronological sorting for ticket buyers

For customers viewing your events on the public events website in the "standard listing", events are sorted in chronological order based on the event's date and time.  We look at two elements for displaying in chronologic order: 

1. We first find all events that are publicly available.
    2. Of those publicly available dates & times for your event, we sort the events using the next upcoming date/time.

For example, let's say you have two events, Event A and Event B. Event A has three different dates: Friday at 7pm and Saturday at 8pm, and another private showing on Saturday at 2pm. Event B has the same dates and times but each time is 1/2 hour later and all are available publicly.

On Friday evening, the event listing will show Event A first because it occurs at 7pm, and Event B starts at 7:30 pm. However, on Saturday, Event B will be displayed first because Event A's 1pm time slot is private and thus not used when sorting based on time. Event B is the next publicly available date with its 1:30 pm show and therefore displays first. If your events appear to be listed out of order, review the first few dates of each event, see if it is marked private, review the date/time of each, and modify accordingly.

To ensure your events are listed by date, please follow the below steps:

1. From your top menu, click the first arrow icon and click Edit Public Display
    2. Under Standard Listing, make sure the option for List Events Alphabetically is not checked
    3. Click Update to save any changes 

Alphabetical sorting for ticket buyers

If you prefer that your customers see your events in alphabetical order rather than the default chronological order, modify the sort setting.

1. From your top menu, click the first arrow icon and click Edit Public Display.  
    2. Under Standard Listing, check the box to "List Events Alphabetically"
    3. Click Update to save

Change the sorting order of single-date events

To alter the sort order of events that have a single date on your public website, modify the date and time of the event accordingly. See the discussion below:

How can I sort my events?

Hide the date/time of an event

If you want to alter the actual display of the event date and times themselves for an event that has a single date, you hide the event date and/or time stored in the database to replace it with your preferred message. Follow the steps outlined at the following link:

Can I change the display of the event's date to my buyers?